Hurt me plenty
Exhibition: 13th September – 1st November 2014
DAM Gallery, Berlin
7:30: Introduction by Olia Lialina, Professorin New Media at the Merz Akademie Stuttgart.
In his solo show Aram Bartholl exhibits a new series of works inspired by the questions and developments engaging humankind’s ‘entry’ into the digital realm and the role of the first person as ‘shooter’. Bartholl deconstructs stereotypes about pixel imaging with unique large-scale works that are subtly combined with a series of pieces about issues of privacy, surveillance and net neutrality. With this exhibition, Bartholl proposes a new discourse that challenges the current debates about surveillance versus the seemingly antiquated ideas and images of ‘cyberspace’.
- Hurt me plenty – opening speech by Olia Lialina
- press release DAM gallery, by Tina Sauerländer PDF (PDF deutsch)
- aqnb.com “Aram Bartholl, Hurt me plenty (2014)” by Jean Kay
- makezine.com ‘A First-Person Tour of Aram Bartholl’s First-Person Shooter Art Exhibition’ by Andrew Salomone
- Breitband Deutschlandradio, ‘Vorsicht Ironie’ by Moritz Metz (mp3, at 20:13 min)
- kotaku.com ‘Yes, Even Duke Nukem Is Art‘ by Luke Plunkett
This is my blog. Since 2007 I post about recent projects or small things I make which are just published here. Also you will find news about upcoming activities, like: shows, talks, workshops, press, etc... some years back I used to blog about all kinds of stuff. Press, pic-of-the-day or other-artists-projects are fun categories to click through.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.