Archive for the ‘speedproject’ Category
The Last Captcha
b/w print on paper, 250 x 64 cm
Facebook captchas only show when you are about to delete your acount. Captcha codes have been part of our web experience for more than 15 years now. Since recent advances in machine learning it became clear captchas are not suitable anymore to prove that the user is human (and not a bot or dog). Google and others showed they can beat the human brain reading the scrambled characters better than we can. It is the end of an era. I still love them.
related project: ‘Are you human?‘
Post Snowden Nails is a new project I did at Nadjas Nail Art Residency. Check out how to glue micro-SD cards onto your nails. Nadja Buttendorf is awaiting your proposal for “nail art” ideas, ALL PICTURES & more info at her residency-page.
Five micro SD cards glued to finger nails, total capacity 128 GB, curated digital content Aram Bartholl, 2016
Post-Snowden Nails is a set of five micro SDcards glued to the finger nails of one hand. Each card contains a different set of data which can be accessed with the help of a SD-card-USB adapter. The data finger nail plugs directly into a computer USB port (or phone), in some cases an extension cable might be useful.
- Thumb: Live Linux OS. A full operating system on a thumb nail. This is a real thumb drive! 2 GB.
- Index: 6000 books of Henry Warwicks offline Library “Alexandria Project”, also see “The radical Tactics of the Offline Library”, 32 GB.
- Middle: A collection of more than 66.000 computer viruses from the virus archive collective VX Heaven, 7 GB.
- Ring: The full data base of deaddrops.com. All Dead Drops which have been made since 2010 and the content of the the five original Dead Drops which were exhibited at the MoMA in 2011, 6.5 GB.
- Pinky: The full english Wikipedia including the offline reader Kiwix to browse some of the 5 million articles offline. 62 GB.
Going shopping today reminded me of the tumblr WTF 3D!! about senseless 3D marketing speak I m doing since a while. Some new additions came in today, check it out!
by Nadja Buttendorf & Aram Bartholl
public intervention, video 2:41 min
credits: Lee Tusman on lookout! Thx! :))
‘Long Lasting LED’
by Nadja Buttendorf & Aram Bartohll
Video, 2:02 min
Venice, Los Angeles 2016
Live stream intervention involving a green screen, periscope.tv & Venice. Thanks to the team!! Credits to: Nadja Buttendorf, Theo Triantafyllidis, Lee Tusman, Ashley B. & periscope.tv
Build And Run
dimension: 1024 x 768px, medium: computer game, PC & web